What do you know about E-Commerce Websites?
Building an E-Commerce website comes with the benefit of being able to present your goods and service on a global level. It increases the potential of the target base audience and allows the seller to market his products while just sitting at home. Hence, it won’t be wrong to say that building an E-Commerce website will bring you –
- Explosive growth
- Access to an infinite number of buyers
- Worldwide display of goods/services
We have built more than a hundred websites over the years, and that’s how we can give a detailed study on the step-by-step building of an E-Commerce website. But before we move any further, know that you need to have some budget in hand first. If you hire an E-Commerce expert, they might need you to spend $50 a month, to begin with, the work. However, if you are doing it yourself, it can cost about $20 for the first month.
If you have a small business or a large enterprise, creating an E-Commerce website will help. Either way, it depends upon the person’s budget and how they need to start with the creation of the website.
Let’s begin so that you can start your business right away!
Step 1: Look for the domain you want
The first step in building an E-Commerce website is verifying the domain you require. There are various websites from which you search for your appropriate domain name that goes along your business criteria. Most people search for their domain name using the following sites – Bluehost, SiteGround, Domain.com, GoDaddy, etc.
Tip: You can search for a domain name similar to an existing domain with huge traffic. It will likely get you more traffic that’s diverted from the actual source.
Step 2: Look for the search volume of the products/services
Before investing your time and money into a project, make sure the products or services you are about to sell should have a high search volume on the internet. Your E-Commerce business will only give profitable results if you are using the right keywords.
Let’s say that you are selling shoes, but if there are no searches for that particular shoe, then you won’t have traffic on the website. Moreover, it doesn’t matter how good your product is; if there are no searches on Google, you won’t find customers.
Step 3: Define your strength and the possibility to grow
Once you are done with the domain name and search volume results, the next thing is to define your online marketing strategy. In simple words, you have to make a plan in order to keep your business growing for the long term. Thus, you need to place inline the following strategies –
- Organic SEO – Through search engine optimization, you can achieve the best page ranking on Google and Bing. It works when a user searches for any word using Google; some top searches websites appear. Similarly, if your SEO is well-defining, your website will too rank among the top sites. The basic idea is that you need to place the right keywords in your content so that it’s easy for Google to fetch it among the top searches.
- Paid Advertising – If you are able to perform good work in organic search marketing or SEO, you will have your website at the front. However, the problem is that it’s long labour work that most marketers do not prefer. Thus, they invest in paid marketing, that refers to as PPC or pay per click. Though it amounts to a massive cost in return, the results are accessible and worth your money.
Step 4: Build your E-Commerce Website
After accessing all the basic steps, you can now work towards building your E-Commerce Website. According to us, you have already conquered a lot of the difficulties part till now. Likewise, to ease up your work, you can find an e-commerce website builder like – Shopify, WordPress, Wix, and others.
There are so many sites that are being regularly created using these platforms. They can be cost-effective and provide you with a better approach while spending less. With the help of these (Shopify and WordPress) amazing platforms, a large number of websites have been created worldwide. They can range from fashion sites to book stores or even buy equipment for animals. Some of the top examples can be – macys.com, instyle.com, horsessaddle.com, bookdepository.com, and so many others.
Follow the process to build the site –
- The domain you found suitable earlier; buy it using the E-Commerce platforms like WordPress or others.
- The next thing it will ask you is to choose the theme. Here you can be creative depending upon the type of E-Commerce website you want to own.
- Further, you have to place our products or service that you will be selling. Make sure you attach the description underneath so that it’s easy for customers to make the right choice.
- Finally, you are done. If you want, you can customize the theme or anything you like on the website.
It doesn’t actually matter if you have a small budget or a big enterprise. Building an E-Commerce website will help you be at an equal level at those larger-scale firms. More so, all you need to do is, select the right channel and start working on it.