Local SEO is quite essential for smaller businesses that operate on a local/regional level, rather than being used by businesses that operate all over the country/world. While organic SEO focuses briefly on ranking in the searches all over the country, local SEO prioritizes appearing on SERPs in a particular geographical location. This strategy helps marketing your brand, products, and services to local customers & leads.
Local SEO services help a business by optimizing its online presence in a manner that any person looking for an essential keyword related to your business would get the results of your website in the SERPs, keeping in mind their geographical location. An owner of a small-scale business who has a much more targeted set of customers can either reach out to a Local SEO Expert or look for affordable Local SEO services.
Consider this targeted strategy a tool to help you compete more successfully against larger national companies with unlimited budgets. You can negate the advantage of larger companies that frequently optimize for broader keywords and rely on brand awareness, rather than service offerings, to bring visitors by concentrating on local SEO in particular.
Here are some of the ways Local business owners can use to improve their online presence game and reach their targeted customers effectively:
1. Creating Google My Business Account-
The first and foremost step to be taken by any business is to improve their local SEO game and create a Google My Business Account by themselves or by reaching out to a Local SEO services company.
The most efficient approach to ranking higher on local Google search results and achieving exposure in the Google Maps is optimizing your Google listing. However, there will be a need for a Google My Business account to access your Business Profile and make these changes. The local Google search results, the Google Search Knowledge Panel, and Google Maps will include all the essential pieces of information provided by a business owner on their business profile as soon as they complete the procedures on their Google My Business dashboard.
2. Get reviews from Happy Customers regularly-
Getting positive feedback from your clientele not only helps to improve a Google My Business ranking for any business but also encourages other potential customers to select you over your competitors.
For, e.g. you look for Local SEO services USA you will get various options to choose from. Then you can go to their review section and find out which company has the most number of satisfied customers before selecting one.
Here are some suggestions for getting reviews from customers :
- After a sale has been made, request a review in person.
- Send a post-purchase email or text to consumers asking them to leave a review (but only after you’ve vetted them using an internal survey to ensure you’re not contacting unhappy customers).
- Respond professionally to existing reviews, thanking reviewers, and resolving issues in negative reviews.
3. Optimizing for voice searching-
In the next few years, voice searching will explode. As a result, optimizing for how people ask queries while speaking into devices, rather than how they write out their searches, is critical in local SEO.
When it comes to voice searches, your consumers utilize more long-tail keywords than when they perform conventional searches. As a result, you’ll need to adapt your content’s SEO to match the more conversational tone of someone speaking.
4. Usage of relevant content based on Local events-
Local SEO services help grow a business, especially if they have the most relevant content to the location. Nothing beats creating content that directly addresses a local issue or informs about a local event in grabbing the viewer’s attention.
The following are some examples of strategies:
- Creating blog posts centred on local events, news, or activities
- Making videos of local charities or issues that your company supports is a good idea.
- If your business serves different areas of a region, you can also create location-specific sites on your website using high-quality local content.
5. Optimizing the websites for smartphones-
Google searches for local businesses often take place on smartphones, thus making it necessary to make the website compatible with different phones.
6. Use of Local Keywords in the content-
Since the main difference between organic SEO and Local SEO is mentioning the geographical location for any business. Thus, making it essential for the marketer to use local keywords relevant to the business. You may also include region-specific landmarks and hotspots in your content.
7. Using location pages or About us, that also caters to the location-specific information-
Businesses with more than one physical location need a locations page on their website. Your location page needs to have these pieces of information:
- The NAP listing (Name, Address & Phone Number)
- Working hours of the store
- Parking availability info
- If possible, Google Maps for different locations are attached to the website.
8. Utilization of Online Business Directories-
Online Business directories let a business owner enlist his business on different platforms that potential customers can see throughout the SERP. The company listings for any business must include:
- A consistent and correct NAP listing on all platforms
- Backlink to your website
- A detailed description of your website
9. Provide High-quality Backlinks-
It’s critical to obtain links to improve your local SEO, but the quality of those links is critical. Here are some tips for obtaining High-quality backlinks:
- Creating high-quality content for your website, thus making others want to link with that content.
- Blog on reputable sites with a high domain authority as a guest blogger.
10. Having a separate webpage for each product or service you offer-
Local SEO services for small businesses allow marketers to reach their potential customers, providing an edge over the industry giants. Local SEO focuses on the searcher’s geographical location, which these giants often keep out of consideration. So having different web pages for other products or services will allow the marketer to use more relevant local keywords across the pages and reach top ranking in the SERP. Also, having products cluttered on a single page might lead to search engines not considering your business as an authority in a particular location.